Friday, July 18, 2014

Five on Friday: Five Things I Am Thankful for This Friday

This week was kind of... meh. So for this week's Five on Friday, I'm making myself think of things that I am thankful for. I'm hoping that I can turn my attitude about this week around by focusing on the things that are good instead of the things that are kind of... blah.


So, here are:
Five Things I Am Thankful for This Friday

#5 - My (new! last Christmas) sewing machine. I've really been enjoying creating cute stuff for my new
little nephew lately. This week, I did a toddler-bed size flannel "rag" blanket and a great set of bibs. I've caught the sewing bug... and now I'm dreaming of yards and yards of wonderful new fabric with which to craft more and more projects (maybe even some for myself and for my own kids).

#4 - Friends. Especially those who come bearing ice cream on hot summer days (thanks, A.)! And those who are willing to look after your children for a few hours (thanks, L.)!

#3 - My washing machine. Last Friday my old washing machine kicked the bucket - two loads into at least a four or five load pile of dirty laundry. And because laundry is like rabbits, you know those piles only kept growing over the weekend! But, I am thankful because we were able to connect with a new (used) machine and had it home, hooked up and running by Sunday night (thank you, God, for providing!). It did four or five loads for me today. And I am thankful that I didn't have to go to the laundromat or wash it by hand.

#2 - Family. PJ's parents were out to visit a little bit ago, and we just said good-bye to my parents at the beginning of this week after a nice, long visit. Spending time with family is something that has always been very important to me. With where we're living right now we are pretty well distanced from our families. We have to make the most of the time that we have with them, and I'm very thankful that we've had good opportunity to do that this summer.

#1 - My husband. I may be biased, but I think he's pretty great. He's stuck by me through this blah sort of week and I'm grateful for his support and companionship.

You know, I think my plan worked. I feel better about things already. And also, I didn't really want to stop at five things I'm thankful for! I keep thinking of more. :)

Comment and share something you're thankful for this week below.

"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever."
- 1 Chronicles 16: 34 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!