Thursday, July 3, 2014

Five on Friday: My Favorite Independence Day Memories

Happy 4th of July to my American friends!

Welcome to Five on Friday! I'm going to try making this a regular feature on the blog here, just for fun, so here goes!

Five of My Favorite Independence Day Memories

#5 - Making people smile while walking downtown with my first corgi after the parade. Everyone, from little kids to big biker guys, was always so attracted to him. We couldn't go more than about ten feet without having to stop so that someone could pet him.

#4 - Sitting with my husband and watching fireworks from the back of our pick-up truck in the shadow of the Teton mountains the year after we got married.

#3 - Taking each of our kids to enjoy the festivities surrounding the 4th for the first time.

#2 - Long weekends spent at my cousins' house in northern PA. Mountain biking, creek & pond swimming and picnics on the lawn. Firecrackers, fireworks and (slightly crazy) fun family times. And then there was that one time with the fireworks and the bonfire at the neighbor's house... Oh, the memories!

#1 -The memories we're making right now! So if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go ahead and get back to the party. There's a snack on the counter with my name on it.

Share your favorite 4th of July memory in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!