Thursday, July 11, 2013

Wildflowers of Yellowstone

I'm working on a post about my in-laws coming to visit, and our trip to Yellowstone together, but it is going to be a long one and it is taking me forever to put it together.  We were in Yellowstone in the beginning of June and the wildflowers were amazing.  So until my other post is finished, go ahead and enjoy the wildflowers of Yellowstone!  (I tried to identify them as best as I could.)

 Hood's Phlox -or- Many-Flowered Phlox

Wax Currant

Moss on Tree Trunk, Wax Currant in Background

Prairie Smoke

Unknown Variety of Arnica, with Phlox

Showy Green Gentian (my favorite because it is so unique)

Lupine (bud)

Bastard Toadflax (yeah, really...)

 Possibly Rabbitfoot Crazyweed

Unknown Variety of Larkspur

Unknown (tiny yellow flower found in the thermal area at Mammoth Hot Springs)

Slimpod Shooting Star

Lodgepole Pine

Yellow Monkey Flower (found in what I believe is an old steam vent in the area around Old Faithful)

Fringed Gentian

Lupine

Isn't God such an amazing and creative creator?

"Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!"
 Psalm 8:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!