Friday, September 5, 2014

Five on Friday: Five Projects I've Started and Haven't Finished (Yet)

This week I was having a conversation with my sister-in-law about projects that have been started, but not completed. I was telling her about #5 below. At least I know that I am not alone, since she admitted that they have things they haven't finished either. (And I have a sneaking suspicion that perhaps you do too!)

What is it that makes us not finish things? I have these fantastic ideas that never even really have a chance to succeed (or fail) because I can't seem to get much past the planning stages!

Now that the summer is coming to an end, it feels like a good time to start thinking about finishing some of these.


(By the way, I did finish the wallpaper border removal project pictured here. And I painted, too! 
I was, um... very motivated. I mean, really, what were they thinking? lol)

Five Projects I've Started and Haven't Finished (Yet):

#5 - Twin-size headboard. I found a cute pattern. PJ was on board with it (which is good, because I'm not exactly an experienced carpenter...). We bought a piece of plywood. We planned to go the next week and get the rest of the lumber and supplies - and we never did.

#4 - Make-your-own diaper bag! I still have the fabric setting somewhere...

#3 - Blogging... I have six or seven blog posts in draft stage right now. The dates on them are as follows: February 2013, March 2013, March 2014 (2), July 2014 (2). I think there's one somewhere from Christmas 2012 too. Sad.

#2 - I've been saving old jeans to make a recycled denim blanket since the first year PJ and I were married. I have a bunch cut into squares, and a few strips sewn together - so I guess I'm doing better on this project than some of the other ones!

#1 - In high school (or maybe middle school?) I bought a large counted cross stitch project with a picture of a golden eagle on it. I worked on it off and on for one, maybe two winters. And since then it has sat. I think it is my longest unfinished project to date. (Or maybe I still have somewhere a counted cross stitch project of a killer whale that is older than the eagle...)

So - a challenge? This fall and winter, I am going to try to finish at least one or two of the projects mentioned above (and I'll post pictures if I don't forget). Maybe you could try to finish a project you've been working on for a long time too? Leave a comment and let me know what it is. I might even remember to remind you about it in a few months (or years). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!