Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Looking For A Few Good Ideas...

So, this post is a little out of the ordinary for my blog, but... my blog, my rules, right? :)
I've been a wife (and housekeeper) for over seven years and a mom for over three years now, and I've collected some tips, shortcuts and DIY ideas that I use (or plan to try) around the house for meal prep, housekeeping, child care, etc.
Here are a few of them:
When you get a new pair of jeans for your kids, buy an iron-on patch and put it on the inside of the jeans at the knee to reinforce that area.
Old clothespins do double-duty as snack bag clips.
Fill the rinse agent dispenser of your dishwasher with white vinegar to prevent spotting on your dishes.
Put two or three new tennis balls in your dryer with your laundry to decrease drying time.
Make your own baby wipes.
Use plastic wrap or a sandwich baggie to cover your hand when greasing a pan with shortening or butter so you don't get greasy fingers.
Here's where your participation comes in:  I'd like to hear your tried-and-true time-saving, money-saving or just-plain-cool tips for housekeeping, cooking, kids, etc., and share them here on the blog. Send your replies to faithundaunted@gmail.com by Wednesday, February 13th.
I look forward to seeing what you all come up with!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea, Sheila. I use some of the ones you listed, but not all. I'll have to think of mine (and try to email) before the 13th

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!